This course was developed by incorporating techniques currently used by Special Operations units and Olympic competitors. You will learn how to increase your accuracy through advanced drills and trigger manipulation. All of our instructors have experienced combat and teach based on real world experience.
Our training is designed to teach you how to react when things aren’t perfect, what to do when your pistol is malfunctioning, how to react under pressure, and fighting while wounded. Because our training in dynamic, you will not stay in a stationary shooting position for very long.
Traditionally, pistols are thought of as only being effective out to 25 yards. At this course, you will shoot man-size targets out to 100 yards on the first day. Becoming proficient with the pistol is essential to performing well with any other type of firearm. As the saying goes, “Every good pistol shooter is a good rifle shooter, but not every good rifle shooter is a good pistol shooter.”
- Level 1: Fundamentals of Marksmanship class. Tactical Mindset class. Malfunction-clearing, speed-reloading, tactical-reloading, and weapon’s familiarity drills.
- Level 2: Shooting on the Move class (forwards and backwards). Creating Angles class (while shooting on the move).
- Level 3: Fighting While Wounded class (learning to manipulate all aspects of your firearm with just one arm).
- Level 4: Prone Shooting class (learning to shoot from the ground, under vehicles, long distances, and around obstacles).
- Level 5: Introduction to Instinctive Shooting class part I. Anxiety drills (learn to fight through disorientation under stress)
- Level 6: Instinctive Shooting class part II (learn to react rapidly under stress within close quarters).
- Level 7: Fighting From a Vehicle class. (learn to shoot from and around our range vehicle at reactive targets)
- Level 8: “Record-Breaking Day.” Try to beat the range records for time and accuracy over a variety of scenario-based drills.
- Level 9: VX Master’s qualification prep.
- Level 10: VX Master’s qualification. Graduation.